Hello and welcome. Before visiting this site you probably never heard of me. Well, you have now, so let's get down to why we're here.
To be honest, I have no idea why you're here (feel free to share if you wish), but I am here to make available the (surviving) sum total of the music I have recorded since 1984. I hope you will find something here that you enjoy. I encourage you to provide feedback, positive or negative, in the "Comments" sections.
Here are some things to keep in mind as you explore the music I post here:
1) This music is free. I simply want to share my life's greatest passion. I long ago abandoned dreams of "stardom" and "fame" ("Only babies want to be King." --The Residents). I do not in any way think of myself as a professional musician, but I have been driven to create music all my life (got my first guitar in 1967, started writing songs as soon as I learned three chords). It seems rather silly to let all this music sit on a shelf and remain forever unheard.
2) I get a bit uncomfortable (although I generally remain polite) when people ask me, "Hey Bob, what kind of music do you play?" Fact is I don't play any "kind" of music. I simply pursue whatever muse beckons me at any given time. My interests are wide-ranging and eclectic, so the music you find here will encompass everything from rather folk-like acoustic ditties, to electronic instrumentals, to the absolutely indescribable (and to some, I'm sure, absolutely unlistenable). If you don't find that a particular song tickles your fancy, keep exploring. The next one might be the very song you've been searching for since the beginning of time.
3) The sound quality of these recordings will vary from pretty good to rather awful. From 1984 to 2000 I recorded on cassette multi-trackers, so the sound quality was limited by the various natures of the tape beast. To make matters worse, in the early days I just plain didn't know what I was doing. I knew nothing about things like tape bias, I had lousy monitoring equipment (cheap headphones), and I was always in such a hurry to get ideas down on tape that I was not always very meticulous in assembling the pieces. The value of the music I post here lies not in any studio wizardry, but in the songs themselves. I hope you will be able to get past any clicks, buzzes, and hissing sounds and simply appreciate the song for itself.
4) Although I have played in various bands and worked in a number of collaborative settings, I mostly work alone. Unless otherwise noted, I am the only musician playing in these tacks.
5) I am a fanatical and unrepentant gear-head. For this reason I will, to the best of my recollection, list the various instruments and equipment used in recording these songs.
OK, I've talked long enough. Now it's time for you to get busy. Start clicking links. And again, whether you like what you hear or not, I welcome your input.
Thank you for visiting.